Magic: The Gathering - MasterTrainer

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Magic!

2 posters

ReConstruct: Izzet

MasterTrainer
    MasterTrainer
    Site Owner and Administrator

ReConstruct: Izzet Empty ReConstruct: Izzet

Post by MasterTrainer 3/3/2015, 12:37 am

It has been a while since I last tried to make an Izzet deck, so I figured I'll try and make one again.

For classiness' sake I will add all copies of: Wee Dragonauts, Gelectrode, Izzet Chronarch, and Mnemonic Wall. Probably would include an Isochron Scepter, too, and the 4 Frostburn Weirds. And probably the couple of Nivix Guildmages. The rest would be burn and draw spells (having a 80-20 ratio of noncreature spells, respectively).

Will come back soon to update the deck.
    MasterTrainer
    MasterTrainer

ReConstruct: Izzet Empty Re: ReConstruct: Izzet

Post by MasterTrainer 3/11/2015, 1:26 pm

Okay so:
    I have made the deck, but I did not add the 4 Mnemonic Walls (nor any of them for that matter) because:
    1.) Izzet Chronarch serves that purpose already.
    2.) Having them in the deck would give me less space for other cards, like the burn spells and control spells.

I also added the Djinn Illuminatus and Niv-mizzet, the Firemind as late-game finishers, and I have had pretty good results so far. I tested the deck against my Mardu speed deck (there are no Raid cards or Dash cards though). It took the Izzet a few turns to set up ground (which was risky considering it was against an aggro deck), but once it had enough resources, the spells came burning down turn by turn, with each cast powering up either Dragonauts or Gelectrodes, with some being replicated by the guildmages.

Note: I included the old Izzet Guildmages, not the Nivix ones, simply because the Izzet Guildmages copy at a cheaper cost (though can only target spells with CMC of 2), which was all I needed for a quick burn/control deck.
    Meritt
    Meritt
    Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Post by Meritt 3/15/2015, 4:02 pm

Wow! It has been a while since I have been here : p

Makes me want to contruct my own deck too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 8:15 am