Magic: The Gathering - MasterTrainer

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Magic!

Attempt to Construct the Perfect Deck

MasterTrainer
    MasterTrainer
    Site Owner and Administrator

Attempt to Construct the Perfect Deck Empty Attempt to Construct the Perfect Deck

Post by MasterTrainer 11/28/2014, 3:04 pm

Date: ?
    Posted: 11/28/14 7:50PM

Greetings!
    Today shall mark the start of the 6-week campaign in making an attempt to reconstruct the 'perfect' deck. The last such a deck was seen was about a year ago, during the time of Return to Ravnica. The deck was U/R, Izzet mainly, focused on spell-proliferation and replication. On this 6-week journey we will go over all possible cards, Blue, Red, Blue-Red multi, Blue-Red hybrid, and artifacts too. All necessary components considered and analyzed in order to recreate the perfect deck.

The deck would be used against the Anti-Deck deck (U/B deck I mentioned in another topic), but would need to be at least stronger than its predecessor tenfold. If most of the cards would only have one or two copies in the deck, then the milling standard of the Anti-Deck would immediately counteract the deck's plans and back-up plans. Also, the deck shouldn't be 50/50 in terms of offense and defense. From past data, the Anti-Deck contains two main groups of cards: Counterspells and Mill Spells. Mill Spells will probably mill out some good cards, while Counterspells would prevent me from casting the good cards that are left. Unless I construct the deck in such a way that both of these actions can be slowed or prevented, the Anti-Deck would remain undefeated.

There are however, rumors that the Perfect Deck may be reincarnated as a different match of colors, some even saying a three-colored deck (sadly the current Jeskai (U/R/W) couldn't do shit on the Anti-deck deck), but right now, there are only three choices (based on primary and intuitive, based-from-experience and some arbitrary data reasons):

1. U/R Izzet - Most basically speaking, Blue for counter spells (which would take about 65% of the nonland cards at most) and card-drawing spells (which doesn't sound all-together good because the more you draw the faster your deck runs out, in relation to the Mill cards the Anti-Deck has and relative to the opponent's deck). Red for Burn spells (hopefully with replicate) and removal. This deck would focus mostly on spellcasting rather than creature-summoning, but cards like Mnemonic Wall (unless I get more than 1 copy or it doesn't get milled ahead of time) and Izzet Chronarch would help, and especially Djinn Illuminatus (Again, assuming it doesn't get milled early).

2. G/B Golgari - Opponent mills. I dredge. Hopefully I can swing for lethal in 8-10 turns.

3. Mirror U/B Anti-anti-deck deck - Obviously.

Further details will be announced every two-days, unless specially required to do so.
    MasterTrainer
    MasterTrainer

Attempt to Construct the Perfect Deck Empty Re: Attempt to Construct the Perfect Deck

Post by MasterTrainer 11/29/2014, 3:05 pm

Update 1: 11/29/14

Preparations are being made. The Magic Digital Database (MDD, thanks to Magic Assistant) has now full access to over 1047 cards (1046 nonlands and 1 land, Haunted Fengraf), that ranges from all colors. All that is left now is to index the remaining cards that are not in the album, i.e. the decks, the commander deck, the scrap cards (artifacts and misc. cards that I was too lazy to bind)).

I would first merge the G/W Enchant with the Boros deck to make a Naya-colored deck, focused on summoning the legion and empowering them with enchantments, and empowering creatures to overwhelm the opponent. Sadly, this wouldn't hold a candle to the Anti-deck, but would be pretty powerful against normal decks.
    MasterTrainer
    MasterTrainer

Attempt to Construct the Perfect Deck Empty Re: Attempt to Construct the Perfect Deck

Post by MasterTrainer 11/30/2014, 8:58 am

I've just finished creating the Pre-perfect Naya deck, it has been tested on the Jeskai-control, winning the match at 2-1. It still has a long way to go before it reaches the peak of it's power, and still has to tap in the full power and resource of the Collection.
    MasterTrainer
    MasterTrainer

Post by MasterTrainer 12/7/2014, 11:34 am

Update 2: 12/7/14

As of today, the perfect deck might be the U/R burn-replica core deck. I haven't properly constructed a blueprint yet but from the details in my head, I'd say it'd have a pretty decent chance against the anti-deck. It would consist primarily of:

3x Wee Dragonauts
    3x Izzet Chronarch
    2x Gelectrode
    2x Izzet Guildmage
    2x Mnemonic Wall
    1x Nivix Guildmage
    1x Djinn Illuminatus

That would be for the nonland creature spells. For the rest, I would allow up to 6 draw spells, excluding Prophetic Bolt and Invoke the Firemind; others would be just burn spells and damage spells with replicate, like Pyromatics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/12/2024, 11:41 am