Magic: The Gathering - MasterTrainer

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Magic!

[GLIMPSE] Prologue

MasterTrainer
    MasterTrainer
    Site Owner and Administrator

[GLIMPSE] Prologue Empty [GLIMPSE] Prologue

Post by MasterTrainer 3/12/2015, 6:36 pm

The world as I knew it was coming to an end.

This might sound cliche, but I am telling you it is not. I am no savior of the world. I am no knight in shing armour. I am but a humble peasant that just coincedentally passed by every crucial points in the war that would lead to its eventual destruction of the planet.

I do not know where I am. Or at least, I cannnot see where I am at. The guards blindfolded me when they arrested me for, uh, for something (I cannot remember for the life of me). I know that I walked almost a mile to wherever I am at right now. I know that we passed through the middle of the town because I heard the usual commosion and noisse that the vendors and the merchants and the townsfolk make.

And then suddenly, they all disappear. After only a few steps, the ambient smell of food and petrichor vanished, the sounds of conversation and talking and murmuring, all gone. I guess I am a little too dependent on my sense of sight to be so confused about a sudden change of events.

Maybe too sudden.

The guards never talked to me, I barely saw their faces when they arrested me at my house. I tried asking them a couple of times, but they did not respond to any form of inquiry. I listened constantly to the sounds their shoes made when they walked on the ground. They were constant. Like every step was like the previous one. Their grip on my arms also never changed. The pressure they put on my left and right, were the same with my right and left by the time we reached my cell (or I assume it is a prison cell).

Not much help there.

They bound my arms, but not my legs. They blindfolded me, but they did not gag me. They also never bothered to change my clothes into the prisoners' uniforms, which was werid; because if I was now arrested, would not I have to go through the same system as everyone else did?

I can only be in two situations (there are more than two actually, I just prefer to look at the most probable): one, the incarceration here is so bad they don't have an ordered system, or two, I am not in a prison. The latter raises so much other questions I do not want to consider it.

But the first scenario cannot also be true (or at least, I hope not), because of where I live in. I live in probably the most unordered ordered city in the Planes of Existence, in which the Azorius Senate maintains only the highest forms of imprisonment for all kinds of convicted criminals: the City of Ravnica: the city of guilds.

And why the Azorius took an interest in me? Only the footsteps coming toward my cell can tell me for sure.
    MasterTrainer
    MasterTrainer

[GLIMPSE] Prologue Empty Re: [GLIMPSE] Prologue

Post by MasterTrainer 3/12/2015, 6:37 pm

Next Glimpse is coming in two days (or possibly earlier)!